Why don’t my Instagram messages appear in Missive?
First off, it is normal that no past history of your Instagram conversations were imported upon connecting those to Missive. Only new messages received or sent after connecting the account(s) will appear in Missive.
If you’ve been receiving new messages and don’t see them in Missive, it’s possible that your Instagram inbox (which Missive depends on) is configured to be the “Secondary Receiver”, perhaps due to a chat bot you have (or had) installed. If that is the case, you can fix/restore the default behavior for Missive to work, by doing the following steps:
- Open https://www.facebook.com/
- Click your Facebook Page on the left
- You may have to click Switch to select your Page profile
- Still on the left, click Settings
- Then you may or may not have to click New Pages Experience
- Click Advanced Messaging
- Click Configure next to Messenger receiver or Instagram receiver:
- Change any options you see until they all show Select as shown here:
Note that if you are just starting to use Instagram, meaning you haven’t used it via the Facebook Business Suite Inbox prior to setting it up in Missive, you may need to enable it there first:
You can also enable “Allow Access to Messages” via the Instagram mobile app as explained on this page:
If you are still having issues, please open the Business integrations tab of your personal Facebook settings:
- In the top right corner, select your personal profile (not your Page profile)
- Click Settings & privacy > Settings
- In the left sidebar, click Business integrations (it should be at that page)
Revoke Missive from that list, then try reconnecting your account and pages in Missive.