What’s new in Missive?
June 14, 2017 v3.15.0
Inline images in emails, signatures and canned responses
- NEW Setting to disable “Send & Close” being the default button in assigned conversations
June 8, 2017 v3.14.0
- FIXED Search sometimes loading indefinitely
- FIXED Wrong unread count in sidebar when receiving comments from peers
- FIXED Extra white margin on each conversation when window is at a small size
June 3, 2017 v3.13.0
- FIXED Intermittent issue when trying to subscribe to a paid plan
- FIXED “Toggle Screenshot Mode” shortcut no longer conflicts with typing special characters on Windows
May 15, 2017 v3.12.0
- NEW Option to choose up to three spell check dictionaries in Windows app
- FIXED Clicking Reply on a specific message would previously always reply to the latest message in conversation
- FIXED Inserting links in signature editor
- FIXED Layout issue when editing comment
May 2, 2017 v3.11.0
- NEW Auto CC / BCC settings per alias
- NEW Setting for hiding Gmail and Missive labels from conversation list
- NEW Option to choose up to three spell check dictionaries in Mac app
- IMPROVED Nested Gmail labels no longer show full hierarchy in conversation list
- IMPROVED Overall performance
- FIXED Credit card form in Billing section
- FIXED Discarding draft from conversation view now prompts for confirmation
April 10, 2017 v3.10.1
- FIXED HTML signature editor breaking the preferences panel
- FIXED Web version: Send Later no longer archives conversation when Send & Archive by default is enabled
April 10, 2017 v3.10.0
- NEW Gmail labels now shown in conversation list
- NEW Save Image As… right-click option in desktop app
- IMPROVED Greatly improved overall performance
- IMPROVED Several visual and UX improvements on mobile
- FIXED To: field not auto focusing when creating a new draft
- FIXED Assignees not being selected in conversation context menu
- FIXED Verdana and Impact fonts not being saved when used in signature
March 24, 2017 v3.9.3
- FIXED Sub-mailboxes from shared accounts not showing for users without personal accounts
March 24, 2017 v3.9.2
- FIXED Editing Name and Account description in Accounts settings
March 23, 2017 v3.9.1
- FIXED Printing emails
March 23, 2017 v3.9.0
- IMPROVED Draft composer performance on slower devices
- IMPROVED Draft composer now opens in same window on mobile
- FIXED Some emojis split in two on Firefox
- FIXED Lost keystrokes in draft composer, mainly on Firefox
March 20, 2017 v3.8.5
- FIXED Printing emails
March 17, 2017 v3.8.2
Inserting hard breaks in composer (with
March 17, 2017 v3.8.0
- FIXED Checking and unchecking tasks in task summary
- FIXED Typing accented characters after pressing Backspace
March 16, 2017 v3.7.0
- NEW Ability to remove conversations from Assigned to me, without removing the user from the assignees
- NEW Sub-inboxes for shared accounts delegated users
Sub-mailboxes for assignment mailboxes
- FIXED Visual glitches on Internet Explorer
March 3, 2017 v3.5.0
- IMPROVED You can now assign yourself to any conversation, even private ones
- IMPROVED Added a “Discard” button next to the “Open” button for drafts
- IMPROVED Comments layout in draft window
- IMPROVED Errors detection when trying to update Missive without administrator privilege
- FIXED Endless “Loading…” when opening new drafts
- FIXED Updating assignees from the conversation list
- FIXED Clicking the archive icon in Unassigned mailbox now properly removes the conversation from Unassigned
February 27, 2017 v3.4.0
- IMPROVED Conversations’ assignees are faded out when conversation is closed
- FIXED Endless “Loading message…” on slow connection
February 23, 2017 v3.3.0
Assignees are now displayed in the conversations list
- IMPROVED Apple devices now use native emojis instead of images 🙃
- IMPROVED Conversations loading performance
- IMPROVED Drafts now warn when trying to add more than 25MB of attachments
- IMPROVED Errors detection when trying to update Missive from a read-only volume
- FIXED Showing/hiding attachments in print window for messages sent with Missive
- FIXED App dock badge not being reset when logging out
February 16, 2017 v3.2.0
- IMPROVED Easier to upgrade and check for app updates
- IMPROVED Line spacing of emails sent from Microsoft Outlook
- IMPROVED Forgotten attachment detection will ignore signatures content
- FIXED Stuck pagination when scrolling too fast in a mailbox
- FIXED A bug where you would need to click send twice to send an email
- FIXED Dragging conversations of an organization into another organization shared labels
February 10, 2017 v3.1.0
- NEW Windows native app! Get yours here
- NEW Drafts now warn when detecting a forgotten attachment
- NEW Delegated accounts also share the Spam mailbox
Conversations accesses layout
- IMPROVED Removing a conversation from Unassigned displays a message explaining the behaviour
- IMPROVED Snoozed conversations selects snoozed date by default when updating time
- FIXED Links detection in comments when in parentheses
February 3, 2017
- IMPROVED Greatly improved overall performance
- FIXED Assigned conversations not having archive/trash options
- FIXED Dock badge displaying negative number
January 30, 2017
- IMPROVED Greatly reduce Missive CPU usage when idle
January 24, 2017
- IMPROVED macOS app performance improvement by removing the transparent sidebar
- IMPROVED Error handling when delivering new messages
- FIXED Delivery error no longer shows Message sent! notice
January 20, 2017
- IMPROVED Comments formatting improvements (`code`, *bold*, ~strike~ and _italic_)
- IMPROVED When scheduling an email, the send button now displays “Send later” and doesn’t immediately send the email. “Send now” still available in the dropdown.
- IMPROVED Print screen doesn’t show replies by default
- FIXED Assigning a conversation that has been trashed
January 17, 2017
- IMPROVED Attachments from emails can directly be dragged into the composer
- FIXED Mark as Spam (via Gmail shortcut) also archiving an extra conversation
- FIXED Lost empty lines when pasting plain text in the composer
January 16, 2017
- IMPROVED Easier to find conversations’ applied labels in the labels menu
- IMPROVED The comment box does not unfocus after sending a comment when using a shortcut preset that doesn’t support auto-focus (i.e. Gmail shortcuts)
- FIXED Signatures not changing in the editor when the draft has been created from an alias without a signature
January 14, 2017
Assigned to others mailbox
- IMPROVED Aliases from same email account can be shared to different people
January 13, 2017
- NEW Print messages 🖨
- IMPROVED Avatars are a little bit bigger at the top of the conversations
- FIXED Conversations subject can no longer end up having only a few characters per line
- FIXED Regression that prevented attachments from being dragged into your OS
- FIXED Signatures not being scrollable in the settings
January 10, 2017
Label menu with search and ability to create Gmail labels 🔖
mailtolinks now properly opens new draft in Mac app
- FIXED Send Later no longer archives conversation when Send & Archive by default is enabled
- FIXED Send Later no longer shows Message sent! notice
January 4, 2017
- FIXED Send & Archive by default setting ignored when sending via keyboard shortcut
- FIXED Replies in existing conversations not appearing in Drafts
January 3, 2017
- IMPROVED Assigning a coworker will now show the conversation in their Inbox
December 19, 2016
- FIXED Some Gmail labels not being returned in search results
December 15, 2016
- FIXED Wide messages will no longer scale down to an illegible size
December 14, 2016
- NEW Coworkers with access to a shared account will now see its Gmail labels
- FIXED Some messages that still appeared as drafts after being properly sent
December 12, 2016
- NEW ✏️ Spell checking for drafts ✍️
December 8, 2016
- NEW Nested bullet lists
- IMPROVED Composer behavior on iOS (auto-capitalize, double-space period, etc.)
December 6, 2016
Quick switching between Reply All, Reply and Forward
- NEW Send & Archive by default option in the settings
- IMPROVED Ability to create canned responses from draft composer
November 29, 2016
Responses (a.k.a Canned responses, Templates). Read more
- IMPROVED Remove conversations from Unassigned when they are archived, trashed or marked as spam
- FIXED In composer, show addresses from shared email accounts in auto-completion
- FIXED In composer, delete attachments on backspace
November 16, 2016
- IMPROVED Conversation will no longer switch to showing your own avatar after replying
- FIXED Some attachments were previously not included when forwarding emails
November 14, 2016
Conversation assignment ✅
Easily assign conversations to yourself or other teammates. Read more
- IMPROVED Show unseen count in browsers’ title bar
- IMPROVED Several visual and UX improvements on mobile
- FIXED Issues with Gmail not properly collapsing emails with long quotes sent from Missive
October 27, 2016
- NEW Clear button to show attachment context menu on Mac (Quick Look, Save As…)
- IMPROVED Larger preferences window
October 19, 2016
- NEW Draft attachments now show an upload progress
- IMPROVED Remove added as a menu option on draft attachments
- IMPROVED Smoother font rendering in Firefox
- FIXED Send button is now disabled while attachments are uploading
- FIXED Notifications now show actual emoji instead of :colon: notation
October 13, 2016
Easier shared inbox and email delegation setup
- NEW Mac app now supports pasting attachments in the composer
- FIXED Issues with comment formatting and auto-linking
October 3, 2016
- IMPROVED Existing comments can now be converted to tasks
- IMPROVED Several visual improvements on mobile
- FIXED Available app updates not being shown
September 21, 2016
- FIXED Address autocomplete positioning in composer
September 15, 2016
Send Later ⏰
Highlighted background for unread conversations
- NEW Optimized layout for tablets
- NEW “Download” and “Save as…” options for attachments in Mac app
- IMPROVED Keyboard shortcuts reliability for Windows users
- IMPROVED Warning when sending to an invalid address or no address
Unselect attachments when pressing
- FIXED Draft collaborators not showing when focusing back into editor
September 6, 2016
- IMPROVED New chat button renamed as New conversation
- IMPROVED Reply, Reply All and Forward shown as a menu when tapping Reply on mobile
- IMPROVED Redundant Archive, Snooze and Trash actions removed from mobile menus
- FIXED Reply All no longer shown when it’s the same as Reply
September 1, 2016
- IMPROVED Email with newsletter-like layouts now adapt to mobile viewports.
- IMPROVED One unified and larger icon for New email and New chat on mobile.
- IMPROVED Email addresses now appear as links in chat comments.
- IMPROVED Validation error messages across the app.
- FIXED Searching shared labels when some contain special characters now works.
- FIXED Open in Missive.app is no longer offered on non-Mac platforms.
August 24, 2016
- FIXED Link to anonymous feedback form
August 22, 2016
Unified menu for adding and removing coworkers from conversations
- IMPROVED Copy tweaks across the app
August 17, 2016
Conversation actions (Snooze, Labels, etc.) in composer
- IMPROVED Conversation actions on pins right-click
- IMPROVED Cc and Bcc fields hidden by default
- IMPROVED More font sizes available in composer
- IMPROVED More buttons shown for multiple selected conversations
- FIXED Glitches and cruft removed from mobile version
August 8, 2016
- IMPROVED Much better menus on mobile devices.
- FIXED New lines lost in the plain text version of sent messages.
August 5, 2016
- FIXED Bug when replying to message containing malformed address.
July 28, 2016
Configure labels to automatically share conversations with coworkers.
- IMPROVED More relevant Emoji autocompletion results.
- FIXED Several bugs on mobile.
July 27, 2016
- IMPROVED Facebook group link replaced by Product Pains page.
- FIXED Aliases in incoming messages are now detected case-insensitively.
- FIXED Failure to archive snoozed conversations after they came back to inbox.
- FIXED Confusing comment box shortcuts removed.
July 23, 2016
- IMPROVED Emoji search returns more results.
⌘-click lets you insert many emojis at once.
July 22, 2016
Emoji Picker! 😎 🍻
- IMPROVED Pins drop zone now takes all space left in sidebar.
⌘←editor shortcut now properly moves to beginning of line.
- FIXED Copy link in conversations context menu.
- FIXED Forever lost conversations when removing Trash/Spam label.
July 21, 2016
- FIXED Editing an alias name no longer updates the alias address instead.
July 20, 2016
- IMPROVED Shared labels you create are now automatically added to your sidebar.
July 18, 2016
- NEW Shared labels! You can now organize conversations among your team.
- FIXED A bug that could prevent trashing or snoozing many conversations at once.
July 15, 2016
- IMPROVED Opened labels and searches grouping in sidebar.
- FIXED Searches not being alphabetically sorted in sidebar.
- FIXED Trash shortcut not doing anything in Trash and Spam mailboxes.
July 8, 2016
- IMPROVED Sub-mailboxes are now indented under unified mailboxes.
July 7, 2016
Notice showing when messages are sent.
July 5, 2016
Gmail shortcuts! Along with a cheat sheet for both Gmail and regular shortcuts.
- NEW Paid plans. You can now subscribe to raise your history limit. See pricing.
- IMPROVED More obvious offline notice.
June 29, 2016
- FIXED Some emails showing an extra scroll bar.
- FIXED Bugs where Missive would stop syncing forever until reloaded.
- FIXED Signature editor looking bad on Chrome and very bad on Firefox.
June 27, 2016
Pin any conversation to sidebar for quick access 📌
- IMPROVED Labels menu renamed to More with Starred, Sent and Trash hidden by default.
- FIXED Lowercase and uppercase labels are now properly sorted.
June 17, 2016
- FIXED A bug that could delay access to a conversation when mentioned.
- FIXED Logging in with Google OAuth not revoking existing session.
June 16, 2016
- FIXED A bug that would prevent pasting into a task comment.
- FIXED Right click + Send
- FIXED Layout issues when deleting comments.
June 14, 2016
Collaborative tasks 😱
June 10, 2016
- IMPROVED Specific error message when attachments are too large to be sent.
June 7, 2016
- FIXED Including signature in draft after clicking mailto link.
- FIXED Opening chat panel after closing it in composer window.
June 6, 2016
- NEW Log in and Sign up with Google.
- IMPROVED Show obvious notice when an email account has been revoked.
- IMPROVED No more “History limited to 1 month during Beta” persistent banner.
June 1st, 2016
“Only if nobody replies” option for Snooze.
- FIXED Send & Archive no longer leaves conversation in Drafts.
- FIXED Desktop notification when a draft is unsnoozed now work.
May 24, 2016
- NEW Rich text signatures
Send & Archive
- IMPROVED Address autocomplete results now include avatars.
- FIXED Draft signature now updates when changing your From address.
- FIXED To address now gets filled when replying to your own email.
- FIXED Dragging a conversation into an IMAP trash.