Why don’t my Facebook Messenger messages appear in Missive?
First off, it is normal that no past history of your Messenger conversations were imported upon connecting those to Missive. Only new messages received or sent after connecting the account(s) will appear in Missive.
If you’ve been receiving new messages and don’t see them in Missive, it’s possible that your Messenger inbox (which Missive depends on) is configured to be the “Secondary Receiver”, perhaps due to a chat bot you have (or had) installed. If that is the case, you can fix/restore the default behavior for Missive to work, by doing the following steps:
- Open https://www.facebook.com/
- Click your Facebook Page on the left
- You may have to click Switch to select your Page profile
- Still on the left, click Settings
- Then you may or may not have to click New Pages Experience
- Click Advanced Messaging
- Click Configure next to Messenger receiver or Instagram receiver:
- Change any options you see until they all show Select as shown here:
If you are still having issues, please open the Business integrations tab of your personal Facebook settings:
- In the top right corner, select your personal profile (not your Page profile)
- Click Settings & privacy > Settings
- In the left sidebar, click Business integrations (it should be at that page)
Revoke Missive from that list, then try reconnecting your account and pages in Missive.
Lastly, if you want to test your Messenger integration, make sure someone who isn’t an admin of your Facebook Page sends the test messages. Some users have reported that their messages wouldn’t appear in Missive and the only reason was because they were an admin of the page; anyone else’s messages did appear.