How to automatically share an email sent to multiple people?
Let’s say firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com want to automatically collaborate if someone sends an email like:
Subject: Hi guys
Here are the steps to allow the automatic sharing for such emails:
- Each user imports their email account as a personal account.
- Open your Organizations > Message sharing settings.
- Add shared addresses for both “firstname.lastname@example.org” and “email@example.com”.
- Don’t select anyone to auto-share emails with. This way, only emails sent to both Claire and Hubert will be shared between the two.
- Each user will receive a validation email with a link they must click.
The effect of this is that Missive conversations will be automatically shared when multiple people get the same email in their own inbox. Without a shared address, each of you will receive these emails normally but in separate conversations, requiring @mentions to bring people together and collaborate.